- You can return to Windows 10 in a period of 10 days after upgrading to Windows 11, after this period, you will not be able to do so.
Microsoft has started the official deployment of Windows 11 to PCs running Windows 10, as long as they meet the requirements. However, the update is not available to everyone, as the Redmonds have begun rolling it out in a phased manner.
If you still do not have the official update to Windows 11 available, you can take a look at the different methods that Microsoft has published to get it. But if your case is return to Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 11 you are on the correct website.
How can I go back to Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 11
When we update, the operating system makes a copy of the previous Windows folder for a period of 10 daysAfter that time, the same system proceeds to delete it automatically to recover the space on the hard disk.
So if you want return to Windows 10 After updating to the new Windows you can do it through our guide as long as you have updated using Windows Update, Update Wizard or via ISO.
By logic, if you have done a clean installation you will not be able to return to Windows 10, since you will have formatted the hard drive before proceeding with the installation of Windows 11.
Another condition for using this guide is that you have not deleted the installation files using the «Free disk space«, Because if you do, you delete the files from Windows 10.
Guide to get back to Windows 10
Follow the steps below and you will return to Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 11
- We are heading towards Setting > System > Recovery .
- In the section Behind , we click on Behind .
- We wait a moment until the relevant tasks are done.
- When the assistant asks you Why are you coming back? we select an answer or write our own and then Next .
- When the assistant asks you Want to check for updates? we click on No , Thank you .
- If you want to read what you are informed in What you need to know and click Next .
- Also if you want to read what is reported under the heading Don’t get stuck and click Next .
- Read carefully what is reported under the title Thank you for choosing to try Windows 11 and click Go back to Windows 10.
At this point, the reversion process will begin to make the changes and we only have to wait for the process to complete.
Have you returned to Windows 10?
It may interest you: