The company Microsoft just officially announced that users can remove password from your account using alternative authentication methods, which will allow you to authenticate your account without having to enter the password.
The possibility of remove password from your Microsoft account It will depend on the method you choose for user authentication, you can choose between Windows Hello, Microsoft Authenticator, text message, email and lastly, you have two-factor authentication.
How to remove and disable your Microsoft account password
As we mentioned at the beginning, Microsoft has made public the possibility of removing the password from your account by commenting on the following:
Today we are pleased to announce that anyone using a Microsoft consumer account can no longer have a password! Now you can remove the password from your Microsoft account or set up a new passwordless account and log in with other more secure and convenient authentication methods, such as the Microsoft Authenticator app, Windows Hello, or physical security keys.
The procedure is quite simple and straightforward, we just have to follow the steps that we will show you below:
- The first thing is to download and install the tool Microsoft Authenticator
- Now we associate our account.
- Then we went to the options of advanced security or just click this link.
- We scroll to the section Additional security .
- We enable the option Account without password and we confirm.
- Finally we must approve the start request from session in the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Once our Microsoft password is disabled We can use any of the methods mentioned above to log in and use the company’s services.