If you already have a Netflix Spain or Netflix Latin America account, you may have noticed that not all the content that the inhabitants of the United States can see from there is available. Although less and less, some series and films they are released there before they reach other countries.
Is it legal to watch Netflix US from Spain or Latin America?
So, before proceeding, make sure that you are willing to violate these rules imposed by Netflix and specified in the contract that you sign when creating an account. The company has every right to suspend it if it detects that you are using a VPN.
Aware that some of its users were taking advantage of this little trick, Netflix has already blocked some VPN connections such as the free Hello, so you should use others such as NordVPN.
It is difficult to know if the use of a VPN is legal or not, since it is more a matter of allegiance. We can hardly imagine, however, that for something like this Netflix starts a lawsuit for copyright infringement.
How does a VPN connection work?
Wearing a VPN connection allows your computer to use an IP address located in a country other than the one in which you are physically, which makes it possible for you to browse a web page available only in the United States from Spain.
The luck of having a Netflix account is that it is international: you can use it to visit any of its national versions. However, you can only access these pages from the country in question, or use a VPN to “lie” to them.
When you connect to a server located in the United States from Spain or Latin America, Netflix will think that you are within the North American border and will let you enjoy all Netflix US content as if you are actually in New York or Los Angeles.
How to watch US Netflix from Spain or Latin America on your Mac or MacBook
Our preferred option to watch US Netflix from Spain or Latin America is to use NordVPN. Despite being paid, the service it offers is excellent and it is also not blocked by this video service on streaming. These are the steps to follow:
1. Open your preferred web browser and go to the official page of NordVPN.
2. Now, click on ‘Get NordVPN‘and choose one of the plans offered by the company. Currently, the most popular is the 2-year-old.
3. Once you have created an account and made the corresponding payment, you will be able to install the NordVPN app on your Mac or MacBook.
4. When the installation is complete, open the program, log in and click ‘Ready‘to find a server located in the United States. When you find it, connect to it.
5. To check that your computer has connected properly to your new IP address, you should check that the switch you will see above is fully activated, that is, green. Also, the icon for the United States on the map should also be green.
6. Finally, go to the website of Netflix and you will see that it will allow you to access only Netflix US. Log in and you will have all the content available on the other side of the pond at your fingertips.
How to watch US Netflix from Spain or Latin America on your iPhone or iPad
The process to watch US Netflix from Spain or Latin America on an iPhone or iPad is very similar to that used to do it from an Apple computer or laptop, but in this case you will need to download the Netflix app on your device.
1. Open your preferred web browser on your computer and go to the official website of the VPN that you have chosen. You must create an account, choose a plan and make the corresponding payment if it is a paid service.
2. Then open the ‘App Store‘from your iPhone or iPad and use the search bar to find the VPN app of your choice. We especially recommend NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
3. Once the installation is complete, open the app, log in and connect to a server located in the United States. Make sure the switch is green, which will indicate that the connection was successful.
4. If you don’t have the Netflix app in you smartphone or tablet, now is the time to do it. You just have to go back to ‘App Store‘on your device, find the app in question and install it.
5. Finally, open the Netflix application and you will see that you will have access only to Netflix US. Log in and you will have all the content available on the other side of the pond at your fingertips.
You may also be interested in knowing how download content from this service at streaming on your computer or laptop, as well as knowing the procedure for use Netflix from your iPhone or iPad without an Internet connection.