The Apple Music service has always focused on offering a music experience, despite which, in recent years it seems to have become somewhat more social, emulating others like Spotify when it comes to sharing playlists and musical tastes.
This is where the ability to share playlists created by yourself comes into play, or those that you like and have added to your library despite having been created by other users.
We also tell you How to use Apple Music: Tips and Tricks with a quick guide on how to get around the music platform.
How to create a playlist on Apple Music
Before being able to share your playlists, as it seems evident, you will have to have created them to have them under your profile and that others can see them. The process is very simple and you can do as many as you want depending on tastes or themes.
- Open the Apple Music App and go to ‘Playlists’
- Here you will see those that you already have created, with the possibility of renaming them, modifying them or creating a new one.
- Give your new playlist a name and tap on ‘Add Music’. You can choose the one from your library or do a search within the Apple Music service.
- You can also press and hold a song, album, or list until it rises to your own list. Drag the music to an existing list or to a new one.
How to share Apple Music playlists with friends
- First of all, open Apple Music on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on ‘Library’ if you are not already in that tab and enter ‘playlists’.
- Select the list that you created or that another Apple Music subscriber created.
- Click on ‘Edit’ in the upper right corner of the ‘playlist’.
- Tap the switch next to ‘Show on my profile and in search’.
In this way, your playlists will be visible to other users or contacts of the Apple Music platform, according to your preferences.
How to view playlists shared by a friend on Apple Music
The process is extremely simple. In this way, you can play your friends’ playlists at any given time.
- Open Apple Music and click on the ‘For you’ tab.
- Click on your avatar or profile located in the upper right corner.
- If you click on ‘View profile’ you will see your friends who follow you.
- Tap on each of them and you can see their playlists that are being shared.
What is the best streaming music service? Take a look at our special where we collect the pricing plans of each of them, size of their libraries and compatibility with devices and platforms.