Just a couple of days ago we taught you how to install Android apps on Windows 11, now we tell you that there is a way to install the Google Play Store in the latest version of the operating system Microsoft, Here we tell you the steps to follow and a video posted by the user that achieved such a feat.
How to install the Play Store in Windows 11
A user with the alias of ADeltaX has discovered a method that will allow you to install the Play Store on Windows 11, In case you are interested in achieving the same, we recommend that you only “imitate” it if you have some advanced knowledge in these matters, as we will not be responsible for any problems that may appear during the process.
The User Experience (UX) design student published the steps to follow for the installation of the Play Store on your PC or laptop with Windows 11 through your GitHub profile, the steps are:
- Download the MSIXBUNDLE (use rg-adguard to download it, it is package 9P3395VX91NR, Ring: SLOW, its size is around 1.2GB)
- Install WSL2 (Ubuntu / Debian or any other distribution)
- Install unzip lzip
- Download the OPENGAPPS PICO GAPPS (x86_64, 11, PICO)
- Extract the MSIXBUNDLE, extract MSIX (your ARCH) to a folder, delete (APPXMETADATA, APPXBLOCKMAP, APPXSIGNATURE, [CONTENT_TYPES])
- Copy the files (SYSTEM.IMG, SYSTEM_EXT.IMG, PRODUCT.IMG, VENDOR.IMG) to #IMAGES
- Copy the (GAPPS PICO ZIP) to #GAPPS
- Edit (VARIABLES.sh) and set the root folder.
- Copy the images from the #IMAGES folder to your extracted MSIX.
- Open PowerShell (No Core) as administrator and run Add-AppxPackage -Register PATH_TO_EXTRACTED_MSIX AppxManifest.xml
- The Play Store is now ready to run on Windows 11.
If you want to have more details, we leave you the video below:
It is clear that this whole process will be very complicated for a user with basic knowledge, but we know that we have readers with experience in these types of “experiments”, in any case we recommend having a backup or restore point in Windows 11 in order to have something up your sleeve for any problem that may arise.
What did you think of this new news? Write your review.