Google Drive is insanely popular, but even it can have problems. Sometimes when you try downloading a file or exceed the download quota for that file, Google Drive will pop up and say “sorry you can’t view or download this file at this time or download quota exceeded for this file.”
The reason is that Google Drive comes with limits in the free plan, so once your drive has downloaded the maximum number of files (24), Google will restrict you from downloading any new files. Thankfully, this is easy to bypass.
There are two similar errors – “Google Drive quota exceeded” and “sorry you can’t view or download this file at this time. Follow the step-by-step guide to bypass the download limit.
How to Bypass Google Drive Download Limit
- Step.1: Open the file that you want to download. Now, Sign in to Google Drive.
- Step.2: Replace the “uc?id=” with “file/d/” in the file URL and press Enter.
- Step.3: Click 3 dots on the top-right and click Add Star.
- Step.4: Open your Google Drive. Click New -> Folder. Enter any name.
- Step.5: Click Starred in the left panel. Right click on the file and click Add Shortcut to Drive.
- Step.6: Select the folder you created in step 4. Click Add Shortcut.
- Step.7: Now, go to My Drive in left panel. Right click on the folder. Click Download.
- Step.8: You will now see that the file will start zipping and the download will start automatically.
If you’re having any trouble following the steps I’m attaching a video below. You can watch it and follow the steps shown in the video for bypassing a download limit on Google Drive shared files.
Let me break this down for you. We’ve created a duplicate of the file you wanted to download inside your account so that you could download it from Google Drive since we fixed an error where the quota was exceeded in our account.
Conclusion: Bypass Google Drive Download Limit
Here is a quick step-by-step tutorial that should have downloaded the file if you are still getting the Download quota exceeded for this file. Let us know in the comment section below if it was helpful to you or if you plan on sharing it.