Microsoft has caused complete chaos with the installation of its new operating system, Windows 11. According to the company, computers that do not meet the system requirements will not be able to access the update, instead, their computers will be updated to Windows 10 21H2.
Given the refusal of the Redmond, the community has got down to work and offer an alternative to be able to install Windows 11 and skip checking the system requirements, it is MediaCreationTool.bat, a free tool that allows you download almost any Windows ISO image from Microsoft’s own servers.
MediaCreationTool.bat allows you to download Windows 11 and Windows 10 ISO images
As expected, the tool MediaCreationTool.bat is an open source project stored on GitHub, which its developer recently updated to allow users be able to download the latest Windows 11 ISO, but the interesting thing about all this is that the developer will allow you to skip the system check when starting the installation of the new Windows.
Of course, not only the Windows 11 ISO can be downloaded with this tool, but also the different Windows 10 ISOs that Microsoft has made available to users on its servers.
MediaCreationTool.bat will allow you to copy the operating system on a USB but also download the Windows 11 ISO and then burn it to a DVD disc. To perform the procedure you just have to follow the following steps.
Note | Bear in mind that the antivirus that you have installed on your computer may classify the tool as a threat.
- The first thing is to access the project in Github
- When we access, we proceed to to download the file in the upper right “Download Zip”.
- Downloaded the file, we extract it.
- Then we right click on the MediaCreationTool.bat file and choose “Run as administrator”.
- That will run the script and show you all the versions of Windows that can be downloaded.
- When we choose a version of Windows to download, the following options will appear:
- Auto Setup. Automatic configuration option to update directly without prompts, with smart backup / edit switching.
- Create ISO for creating ISO files directly via the DIR2ISO code snippet, including any ‘oem’ customizations
- Create USB for USB creation via native MCT, including ‘oem’ customizations (prompted once)
- Select in MCT. Select in MCT ** option for ‘oem’ unmodified processing.
Last but not least is that the file that we downloaded above comes with a file called «Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd»Which allows bypassing the default verification of the TPM 2.0 chip during the installation of the new Microsoft operating system.